Welcome to LudiGames Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plugin Request: MoveCraft

4 posters

Go down

Plugin Request: MoveCraft Empty Plugin Request: MoveCraft

Post  CougarHat Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Here's a decent plugin with will let us move around a little quicker, in a little style too:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-movecraft-v0-6-7-cars-planes-and-boats-made-of-blocks-perms-531-602.1007/page-26#post-202241

This plugin essentially adds vehicles which you construct out of blocks, for example an airship must be 60%+ wool, make submarines to explore the depths of the oceans (6 meters of it anyone?) and build land vehicles to get around in style. Sounds decent to me, and with some restrictions on what you can do, it would be great from a RP, or clan v clan point of view.

Nomads should not be allowed to build some things, but they would be allowed to build boats and cars. Other crafts such as a flying machine would require more brains to be put together to build, so being a member of a clan is necessary.

Have a look.

Cheers,
Cougar.
CougarHat
CougarHat

Back to top Go down

Plugin Request: MoveCraft Empty Re: Plugin Request: MoveCraft

Post  aDirtyFishTank Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:42 pm

CougarHat wrote:Here's a decent plugin with will let us move around a little quicker, in a little style too:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-movecraft-v0-6-7-cars-planes-and-boats-made-of-blocks-perms-531-602.1007/page-26#post-202241

This plugin essentially adds vehicles which you construct out of blocks, for example an airship must be 60%+ wool, make submarines to explore the depths of the oceans (6 meters of it anyone?) and build land vehicles to get around in style. Sounds decent to me, and with some restrictions on what you can do, it would be great from a RP, or clan v clan point of view.

Nomads should not be allowed to build some things, but they would be allowed to build boats and cars. Other crafts such as a flying machine would require more brains to be put together to build, so being a member of a clan is necessary.

Have a look.

Cheers,
Cougar.
well at the moment since we have so much lag i garuntee we wont get it because it causes alot of lag. maybe once the lag stops
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  bigpop4 Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:55 pm

CougarHat wrote:Here's a decent plugin with will let us move around a little quicker, in a little style too:

Have a look.

Cheers,
Cougar.
\

I think it would ruin the game. I like my magiccarpet just fine
bigpop4
bigpop4

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:07 pm

bigpop4 wrote:

Have a look.

Cheers,
Cougar.
\

I think it would ruin the game. I like my magiccarpet just fine
i agree it would ruin things in the server.... things like a wall
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  bevr Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:48 pm

I think just cars, cause a plane defeats the purpose of mc, and submarine wouldn't work (imo) and we already have boats. So cars only, IMO.
bevr
bevr

Back to top Go down

Post  CougarHat Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Boats dont work properly, and you're only unhappy about plans because both of you are mods, and both of you can use magic carpet. However, limiting the flying machines to just mods would be alright, as flying carpet isn't in the least bit creative.

But you can disable commands, and I think submarines etc would be cool, for sneaking up on people or just exploring the depths. You need to consider it from all angles, but I think it would be worthwhile, and there's no obligation to keep the plugin either.
CougarHat
CougarHat

Back to top Go down

Post  bevr Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Are there weapons in the vehicle? Cause my underwater city doesn't want to be torpedo'd. Razz
bevr
bevr

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:40 pm

CougarHat wrote:Boats dont work properly, and you're only unhappy about plans because both of you are mods, and both of you can use magic carpet. However, limiting the flying machines to just mods would be alright, as flying carpet isn't in the least bit creative.

But you can disable commands, and I think submarines etc would be cool, for sneaking up on people or just exploring the depths. You need to consider it from all angles, but I think it would be worthwhile, and there's no obligation to keep the plugin either.
I dont think this becuase i alrdy have magiccarpet, it would be easy to get over walls and such, but with magiccarpet as mods we are not aloud to go places that others arent aloud to and steal from. the main reason for having magiccarpet is so mods can go and check peoples homes and such and check for hacks and such.
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  CougarHat Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 am

Equally, I could argue planes are purely for transport purposes. Anyways, with the threat of a ban for griefing hanging over someone's head, I think they'd have to be pretty stupid to do that anyway. Now I'm sure if this did happen, there may one isolated incident where this happens, but thereafter, it should be plain sailing.

And bevr, you cant really have weapons in a submarine, since if you added a TNT cannon, you'd either:

a)Die from the blast or blow up your ship
b)Drown in your ship because as soon as TNT is activated it doesn't act as a solid block

Also, TNT is nerfed, but I would prefer it to be on, and have areas protected.
CougarHat
CougarHat

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 pm

CougarHat wrote:Equally, I could argue planes are purely for transport purposes. Anyways, with the threat of a ban for griefing hanging over someone's head, I think they'd have to be pretty stupid to do that anyway. Now I'm sure if this did happen, there may one isolated incident where this happens, but thereafter, it should be plain sailing.

And bevr, you cant really have weapons in a submarine, since if you added a TNT cannon, you'd either:

a)Die from the blast or blow up your ship
b)Drown in your ship because as soon as TNT is activated it doesn't act as a solid block

Also, TNT is nerfed, but I would prefer it to be on, and have areas protected.
i do think that having submarines and boats would be cool, just not the planes for the reasons above, and TNT doesnt damage the area by breaking blocks, but hurts the same amount as normal in the radius
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum