My game log

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game log

Post  tyeabc on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:25 am

I will keep an updated log of stuff I do and happenings with the game, (Mostly for me because the log would get lost in the depths of my computer somewhere.) on here for everyone to keep up with my game and for feedback on such features the game might have.

Update 1: Made some concept art as well as discussed the way the game would look and feel. We decided on 2.5D:

[Games such as Pokemon and Harvest Moon use this style]

Enemy;
Him Minnion

8Bit
NOTICE!!!!!: This is not the final in-game character just a quick picture.

Details:
Code:
They will be the FIRST monsters you encounter shortly after your little village is overrun. Equipped only with your fists this is where you will get your first weapons. These little recreations of "Himself" float around and reek havoc. Unfortunately somewhere in the process these minions got lazy. You can find them talking in groups or even sleeping on the job. When you find these guys you can guaranty a commander is nearby to whip these lazy minions into shape.
Fiend

Details:
Code:
Something lurks in the shadows of your once calm home. You look across the room in the corner. You can't quite make it out. All you see is a glowing pair of red eyes and what seems to be the body of some sort of human-like small animal type creature. You slowly reach for your weapon holstered on your back. You hear a quiet cackle and the eyes vanish.
NPCs;

-Rare-Cow Merchant

Details:
Code:
5% Chance that in place of a cow any where in-game a Rare cow merchant will spawn. Rare items sold will match current player lvl.
Current list of items sold:
Cowbell amulet:Unknown effects (Needs more cowbell)
Utterly outrageous Pants: Unknown effects
[Sword]Blade of Grass: Unknown effect

Update 2:

Started working on music for the game.

Update 3: Talks of programming and responsibilities. So far I'm doing about everything till my friend can  get his shit together and stawp worrying about his girl ;P BROS BEFORE HOES MAN, BROS BEFORE HOES!

Update 4: Main character sketch done. (FINALLY!) Unfortunately It's in my friends sketch book so I have nothing to show you guys. I will try to get it up as soon as possible.

Update 5: Took a break and the creative juices are flowing like never before!

Update 6: Spent a little time on coding and finished the main GUI of the game. You can't see it but those little blue pixels flowing across my screen right now look beautiful.

Update 7: Friend totally ditched the project. Started working on a new project named Flower Girl. Will keep working on this project though, i've come to far to stop.
Update 8: Haven't completed much on the game, Still in early development.

Last edited by tyeabc on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total

Rest In Peace | Gabriel Christopher 'Nopt' Jones June 6, 1991 - July 9, 2012
A Yoshicrafter | An Admin | A Friend | A God In Our Eyes.
tyeabc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My game log

Post  LudicrousYoshi on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 pm

are you writing all of your own graphics from scratch or are you planning on using an engine?

Any chance we could get some soundbites too? Razz

LudicrousYoshi
Admin

View user profile http://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tyeabc on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Im writing my own graphics. Much harder but more of a choice. And as for soundbites ehhhhhhhhhh. Not now.

tyeabc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:53 pm

dude, writing a colored lighting engine has got to be the hardest thing in the whole world

In my CS class we were working on an MC mod that makes colored lighting. After 5 days of fumbling through the code we all realized that it isnt something you can do easily or well within a month of school xD

But you should make one because they are super awesome when done right, just sayin ;P

LudicrousYoshi
Admin

View user profile http://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tyeabc on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

LudicrousYoshi wrote:dude, writing a colored lighting engine has got to be the hardest thing in the whole world

In my CS class we were working on an MC mod that makes colored lighting. After 5 days of fumbling through the code we all realized that it isnt something you can do easily or well within a month of school xD

But you should make one because they are super awesome when done right, just sayin ;P
coding is sooooooooooooo boringg tedious :p an engine sounds amazing right now.

tyeabc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:35 pm

Dude it looks awesome what you have. It sounds pretty awful to have to do all of this yourself but keep it up I definitely want to see the finished product
Alejandro899

View user profile http://notawebsite.not

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top