Welcome to LudiGames Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLUGIN REQUESTS FOR NEW SERVER

5 posters

Go down

PLUGIN REQUESTS FOR NEW SERVER Empty PLUGIN REQUESTS FOR NEW SERVER

Post  aDirtyFishTank Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:29 pm

PLUGIN NAME:<www.LINK.PLUGIN.HERE.com> What is it and what does it do?
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

PLUGIN REQUESTS FOR NEW SERVER Empty Re: PLUGIN REQUESTS FOR NEW SERVER

Post  swimmerboy1196 Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

I miss RP with Iconomy... should combine Ludi's idea with iconomy/RP. You can only mine/chop/dig/etc and have to trade with others
swimmerboy1196
swimmerboy1196

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:21 pm

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/coloredtexts/
Real basic colored text & sign plugin
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

http://notawebsite.not

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Im not sure i like the idea of restricting people to only being able to do certain things. IE farmers cant mine, miners cant farm.  It kinda takes away a whole portion of the game and makes it feel really restricted.  Maybe we could have some kind of economy where people can buy more permissions with their money, which increases in cost for every skill you buy. But I still would rather everyone be able to do anything.  

For iconomy, i think we should have no admin shops, but all player run shops.  Players can buy shop plots in the protected area, for a decently high price, where they can sell items, and where players can sell their items.  Now the only problem like this would be getting this economy started, because if everyone started with, say, $100, and the shop costs say, $1500, then how will anyone gain the money to start these shops in the first place.  So i guess the only way to get the money into the world would be to have an admin shop with unlimited money that buys and only buys diamonds, emeralds, and gold.
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 pm

I think we should just not do an admin shop. My first idea is that we just have the whole owning a shop idea be something where you request Ludi or any other admin we may have, and then give them the due amount of diamonds or whatever it takes to own the shop, either that or we designate a member of our small active long time members of yoshicraft to make the first shop from which the newbies will sell their items to make shops of their own.
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 pm

NO ICONOMY

Fucken final, no discussion

I promise this is the only executive mandate i will make on this issue

but fuck that shit srlsy
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

https://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ferentinofighter Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:46 am

Ok, so i just had an idea. So, some of us want iconomy (some, not so much^^^) and some of us want mcmmo (again, some not so much^^^^^^^^^). but what if we combined them? So, we give the mcmmo to the players who live in the wastes. They level up, slowly, gather materials, fight mobs, etc. What are they gonna do? Build a fucking monument to their great deeds? Fuck no, that will get griefed and torn apart in the wastes. But, using iconomy, they can sell their wares to the people in the city. The players in the city earn cash by performing jobs for their empire (farming, woodcutting, mining, etc.) Doesnt mean they absolutely cant do something outside their profession (Miners can cut down trees, they just wont get cash for it). When the players in the waste sell their goods and get cash, they spend this cash to level their skills ($100 for a +1 to their sword skill). 

Players in the waste have incentive to sell their stuff so that it wont get stolen (Cant really steal iconomy cash huh?) and the players in the city have an incentive to buy goods to better their empire (Nice way to bring pride to your clan is to show up in a clan vs clan arena match wearing all diamond armor and murdering your opponent). And what if some players get tired of the same routine? Well, players in the waste can sell their hard-earned skills and get some cash, perhaps buying their way into a clan or purchasing a small house of their own. On the flip side, citizens of the city can lead a harder life by saving up some cash, buying some very expensive skills, and off they go into the wastes. 

Yea, I know ludi, you hate iconomy. Breaks the game. Players can buy stacks and stacks of whatever the fuck they want. But if you take that away, along with mcmmo, what are players gonna do? They want a way to show off. Be honest, some of us just leveled some of those skills or earned thousands in iconomy to show up a buddy. So, add both, just turned down waaaay low. We gotta make this fun, or else no newcomers are gonna stay.
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  swimmerboy1196 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 am

We just need to figure out a unique server idea that will bring in a larger community
swimmerboy1196
swimmerboy1196

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm

LudicrousYoshi wrote:
swimmerboy1196 wrote:If we reset, the map has to be something that will attract a large crowd and something that we won't get bored with

Must.... resist... sarcastic... RESPONSE!!! RAAAAAAAAAAWWWR

No shit sherlock...

Well at least I tried Razz
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

https://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 pm

If were are going to have a big safe area that no one leaves, people are gunna run outa resources. So, the people who are brave enough to go out and fight bring in their stuff to sell to the people in the safe zone.  Iconomy doesnt break the game, the permissions of it do.  You can make it so only certain items can be sold, and they are items you allow.  its not like an admin shop where there is an unlimited supply of things to buy, its player shops, so to buy them, the player who is selling has to actually go out and buy them.
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  swimmerboy1196 Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:40 pm

aDirtyFishTank wrote:If were are going to have a big safe area that no one leaves, people are gunna run outa resources. So, the people who are brave enough to go out and fight bring in their stuff to sell to the people in the safe zone.  Iconomy doesnt break the game, the permissions of it do.  You can make it so only certain items can be sold, and they are items you allow.  its not like an admin shop where there is an unlimited supply of things to buy, its player shops, so to buy them, the player who is selling has to actually go out and buy them.

Safe area?
swimmerboy1196
swimmerboy1196

Back to top Go down

Post  ferentinofighter Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Ok, who has and who hasnt looked at my city in the waste idea under the server topic? And, of those who have, what do you think?
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:35 pm

I really don't think a city in the waste is the way to go. I think you guys are just making things more complicated than they need to be. A main city and a decent plugin for protections/clans is really all we would need, along with some basis for making alliances and wars with other clans, clans at war being able to steal from each other (maybe?) But I am pretty adamant that a simplistic clan warfare is the way to go.
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeah. I imagine a big city with skyscrapers in a big circle surrounded by a warzone, where anything goes.
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  swimmerboy1196 Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Alejandro899 wrote:I really don't think a city in the waste is the way to go. I think you guys are just making things more complicated than they need to be. A main city and a decent plugin for protections/clans is really all we would need, along with some basis for making alliances and wars with other clans, clans at war being able to steal from each other (maybe?) But I am pretty adamant that a simplistic clan warfare is the way to go.

We get bored of clans though, I feel.
swimmerboy1196
swimmerboy1196

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:31 pm

I wouldn't think so, remember how long our clan warfare lasted? Old clans break off into new, new clans rise up and take over and become more prestigious, everything just keeps recycling as clans change and break apart and then reform into different clans and such. I don't know about everyone else but I really think we should do clans because that would be our best option, in my opinion.
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

Back to top Go down

Post  ferentinofighter Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm

No, keep it simple, and keep the number of clans low. Just do, like, four big ones. That way, people are kinda forced to work together and learn to interact instead of just breaking off, disappearing into the world, and making their own obscure clan. Thats the exact thing we did on the last server, and here we are again trying to change it. We want something that pulls us all together into a close community. Not something like the last one where you had to walk a thousand blocks to see the next clan base
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:00 pm

We could just have applications for clans and require a high amount of people for them, or just have our long time members start the first couple to be the biggest clans, and besides, who cares if there are a bunch of little clans? They would want to be large to try to take down the older ones, and if all clans are pretty much at peace with eachother, why would they feel the need to move so far away? I am just saying, if it works the way I would make it out to work, only clans at war with eachother can steal from eachother and PVP and openly kill the other clan's members, and both clans must decide for war.
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:27 pm

So you skanks, in point form everyone post what exactly they want for the server
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Dirty just make a new thread for it so its less cluttered
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 pm