Welcome to LudiGames Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Status!

+3
LudicrousYoshi
Alejandro899
iii_mittens_iii
7 posters

Go down

Server Status! Empty Server Status!

Post  iii_mittens_iii Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Okie dokie...well if you have noticed already the server isn't done. This is because the world might be curropt so ludik can't config anything. This happened while he was away so he has no idea how to fix it. He nows the problem though

SOLUTION! If ludik can't find a solution in 2 days they we have agreed to start a new world. Dont have a panic attack because there is a mod that we can get allowing us to copy buildings and paste them somwere else(ill look into it further later)so the plan is he will start new world, well link em with multiverse, set the spawn there, move the buildings, and then let everyone move their items.

If for some reason this doesnt work we have 2 options....
1. start new world without moving buildings and stuff and just spawn items to make the spawn. then just link worlds and let everyone bring junk over(cause we are 99% sure that will work)

2. Wait and Wait and Wait some more for somthing awesome to happen.

Also idk if u can copy underground things so a suggestion for ludik is to let builders have godmod to dig out spacew for the portals to the empires. Ill edit this later with full details Very Happy

iii_mittens_iii
iii_mittens_iii

Back to top Go down

Server Status! Empty Re: Server Status!

Post  Alejandro899 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 pm

iii_mittens_iii wrote:Okie dokie...well if you have noticed already the server isn't done. This is because the world might be curropt so ludik can't config anything. This happened while he was away so he has no idea how to fix it. He nows the problem though

SOLUTION! If ludik can't find a solution in 2 days they we have agreed to start a new world. Dont have a panic attack because there is a mod that we can get allowing us to copy buildings and paste them somwere else(ill look into it further later)so the plan is he will start new world, well link em with multiverse, set the spawn there, move the buildings, and then let everyone move their items.

If for some reason this doesnt work we have 2 options....
1. start new world without moving buildings and stuff and just spawn items to make the spawn. then just link worlds and let everyone bring junk over(cause we are 99% sure that will work)

2. Wait and Wait and Wait some more for somthing awesome to happen.

Also idk if u can copy underground things so a suggestion for ludik is to let builders have godmod to dig out spacew for the portals to the empires. Ill edit this later with full details Very Happy

Ummm what about me and dirty all of our items are in the old world? swimmer and i have our items stored there and i dont have any other items all of everything i have is in the old world i need access to it tell that to ludik if you can please otherwise i am screwed
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

http://notawebsite.not

Back to top Go down

Post  iii_mittens_iii Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:19 pm

well get that fixed...hopefully...

Last edited by iii_mittens_iii on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol)
iii_mittens_iii
iii_mittens_iii

Back to top Go down

Post  Alejandro899 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:25 pm

imma taking a big minecraft break till empires are up someone notify me when they are
Alejandro899
Alejandro899

http://notawebsite.not

Back to top Go down

Post  iii_mittens_iii Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 am

okie....
ill notify u if u need to move ur junk or somtin
iii_mittens_iii
iii_mittens_iii

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 am

just fyi the only problem is with the nomad world, the old world and nether are completely fine
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

https://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  im_pr00094 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:35 am

you can copy/paste underground things, having noclip makes it alot easier to do though. it would be like defining a 3d box and moving it. everything you want copied is in the box. then you paste it underground

i dont understand why you wouldnt spawn items or use worldedit for spawn anyway. it makes it look nice, and it makes creating spawn a WHOLE lot easier. nobody said it had to be flashy, or try to show off our server's spawn.

maps corrupt after 1.8, thats the only thing that changes. inventories will be saved.

my suggestion ludi, would be to use worldedit. from a building perspective, you could have the red and blue empires up relatively fast (1 week, and thats being generous) depending on who you give permissions to use worldedit.

worldedit and toomanyitems are a must for many servers.

and can i PLEASE suggest you try buying a separate pc, or having somebody host the server? big servers get laggy. REALLY easily. the server im on at the moment has around 50 people on at all times, and if we were on your computer, there would be soooo much lag.

you can always ask for donations :3 im a donating monster.

im_pr00094

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeypenny Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 am

so that meens my spawn building is gona get fucked wit aids?
mikeypenny
mikeypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:26 pm

im_pr00094 wrote:you can copy/paste underground things, having noclip makes it alot easier to do though. it would be like defining a 3d box and moving it. everything you want copied is in the box. then you paste it underground

i dont understand why you wouldnt spawn items or use worldedit for spawn anyway. it makes it look nice, and it makes creating spawn a WHOLE lot easier. nobody said it had to be flashy, or try to show off our server's spawn.

maps corrupt after 1.8, thats the only thing that changes. inventories will be saved.

my suggestion ludi, would be to use worldedit. from a building perspective, you could have the red and blue empires up relatively fast (1 week, and thats being generous) depending on who you give permissions to use worldedit.

and can i PLEASE suggest you try buying a separate pc, or having somebody host the server? big servers get laggy. REALLY easily. the server im on at the moment has around 50 people on at all times, and if we were on your computer, there would be soooo much lag.

Trust me, my computer is fine. In all our time ive never even hit 50% of cpu and ram usage and i've had 4 servers up while streaming music, watching a youtube video in 1080p while downloading two things, NOT EVEN 50%. Did I mention I dont even have all 6 cores at max right now? So not only is all that less than 50%, Im not even using like 30% of the available power.

And no we cant just build things with world edit because it wouldnt be legit and if it aint legit, it aint worth building and it takes away so much of the fun from the game

PS 1.8 wouldnt corrupt maps, they just dont get 1.8 attributes until you gen new land
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

https://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swimmerboy1196 Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

LudicrousYoshi wrote:

Trust me, my computer is fine. In all our time ive never even hit 50% of cpu and ram usage and i've had 4 servers up while streaming music, watching a youtube video in 1080p while downloading two things, NOT EVEN 50%. Did I mention I dont even have all 6 cores at max right now? So not only is all that less than 50%, Im not even using like 30% of the available power.

And no we cant just build things with world edit because it wouldnt be legit and if it aint legit, it aint worth building and it takes away so much of the fun from the game

PS 1.8 wouldnt corrupt maps, they just dont get 1.8 attributes until you gen new land

6 Cores.... 0.o
And yea no worldedit to build stuff, maybe to copy/paste from our current corrupted world, but not to build stuff.
swimmerboy1196
swimmerboy1196

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeypenny Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:56 pm

spawning stuff is for noobs but it wuld be ok if u guys spawned dirt cobble sand etc
mikeypenny
mikeypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  iii_mittens_iii Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:17 pm

yeh sorry i had madre a mistake i forgot about world edit.
iii_mittens_iii
iii_mittens_iii

Back to top Go down

Post  iii_mittens_iii Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:21 pm

LudicrousYoshi wrote:
im_pr00094 wrote:you can copy/paste underground things, having noclip makes it alot easier to do though. it would be like defining a 3d box and moving it. everything you want copied is in the box. then you paste it underground

Now that u mention it my omputer is pretty good two. i only use like 2%cpu with 5 web browsers with like youtube pandora and bucnh of other stuff and minecraft all up. I can't host server though cause my computer has a weird problem but one of my b-day wishes for my parents is to get it fixed. so...hopefully in 3 days its fixed
iii_mittens_iii
iii_mittens_iii

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:25 pm

So.... i missed quite a bit while i was gone... ludi can u msg me on whats happened? i cant understand all this cuz theres 10 people saying different things
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeypenny Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:39 pm

dirty all u have to worry about is ur fishtank its so dirty
mikeypenny
mikeypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  iii_mittens_iii Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 pm

mikeypenny wrote:dirty all u have to worry about is ur fishtank its so dirty