Welcome to LudiGames Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Plugin Suggestions

+6
bigpop4
tyeabc
speerman5
TRiicKY_ToTs
bevr
im_pr00094
10 posters

Go down

General Plugin Suggestions Empty General Plugin Suggestions

Post  im_pr00094 Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 am

So I've been here for 3 days, and so far I love this server. however, i do still have some suggestions for a few plugins, (which in my experience don't imbalance the game)

so basically, I'll first list the plugin, and briefly describe it/explain why i think we should have it Very Happy lets get started!

ICONOMY!-creates a currency and economy for minecraft, which can be viewed at anytime using the /money command. this would give new meaning to the game, it would open up shops, trade, and bounties (using a seperate plugins that i'll list later) this economy system can be done a couple different ways. either the owner can allow a "free economy" of sorts, where prices are determined by supply and demand, or they can set up a central exchange, which allows him to control prices of items. so say under a free economy, a diamond block sells for 1500 coins, while a gold block sells for maybe, 200 coins. this is because diamond is FAR more useful than gold. but under a central exchange economy, gold may sell for 2000 coins, simply because it's gold, and it's meant to play a main currency role.

LOCAL SHOPS!- one of the easiest shop plugins i've come across, allows the permissioned user to create a shop using certain commands. once a shop has been created you can add items, set their price (its compatible with Iconomy) and leave your shop unattended while you rake in the big monies when someone buys it! Very Happy requires iconomy (i think)

TOWNY!-not at all as important as the previous two plugins, infact i think the current system works. the only thing towny really offers is a more defined citizen list and chunk wide protection to outsiders (non-citizens)

PRECIOUS STONES!-gives totally new uses to many unused blocks, such as lapis blocks, diamond blocks, glowstone, jack-o-lanturns, and more! for example, why try and dump a lava bucket on somebody when you can just drop a JOD (Jack Of Death) which damages players (there's an exception list for Pstones that you can add people to, this will prevent/allow all pstone effects for that player) for a 1/2 heart a second. Glowstone regenerates the users health by 1/2 heart/sec! pstones also allows you to pick up blocks like glass, glowstone, and bookcases without them being totally destroyed. there's so much more too, but i think i'll leave off there.

LOCKETTE!-while this one isn't as important, i've come to realize that lockette is just more reliable than LWC, imagine if you had a large amount of chests, say, a vault of sorts for all your valuable materials. with lockette, you have to place a sign on each chest saying [PRIVATE] Username (next line) i've found it more reassuring that my valuable items are protected by a SIGN (with a script) (Lockette) than just a script (LWC), plus this way i won't accidently skip over a chest to LWC!

BOUNTIES!-at least i think that's what its called. to be honest i havent had a ton of experience with this plugin, but it allows players to put coin bounties on other players (for a small fee of course) say johnnyboy over there kills you and steals your diamonds. you're pretty pissed (i would be a bit angry to be honest Very Happy) so you throw out a bounty using /commands that basically tells other players, HEY! if you kill this asshole, you'll get 5982 (the player issuing the bounty decides the price) coins! this lets newer players get back at those mean server veterans. requires iconomy

EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SIMPLESAVE!-definetly useful, especially in the case of a crash/rollback which i've found to be somewhat common lately. i've never owned a server before so i've never gotten technical with this plugin, but i THINK you can configure it to save at different intervals (5 minutes being one of them) it DOES cause block lag while it's saving, but after the first 3 or 4 saves you get used to it. it literally takes 2 seconds if there's no lag. but think of the benefits? if you find a huge mine and you mine out 20 diamond from it (obviously that'll take more than 5 minutes, and the server crashes, you're kinda out of luck. if you're really worried about block lag, just know that i HATE block lag. one of the WORST things in the world. but i really don't mind this plugin. (and host wise, i believe it overwrites saves, so you don't have to constantly go in and delete old saves)

i think that's all i have for now. let me know what you guys think. obviously these are just my suggestions, not requests or anything (however they pretty much are the same thing :p) but if you played with these plugins before, speak up! let the owner know how great it is! Very Happy

Last edited by im_pr00094 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more plugins)

im_pr00094

Back to top Go down

General Plugin Suggestions Empty Re: General Plugin Suggestions

Post  bevr Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 am

With the way you put it, iconomy and the other plugins seem good now.
bevr
bevr

Back to top Go down

Post  TRiicKY_ToTs Wed May 04, 2011 9:06 am

I woundn't mind having iConomy, Local Shops, and Bounties.
TRiicKY_ToTs
TRiicKY_ToTs

Back to top Go down

Post  speerman5 Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Great sugestions but I would perfer sign shops (or chest shops Same thing) instead of the plugin u used players actually set up their shops this allows players to put chests down add what they are selling to it and add a sign setting price then any player can just left click the sign to buy even when ur not on. I also feel we should get rid of the /shop or /buy /sell comands if we get this plug in i think that takes all the fun out of getting recourses or getting a buyer or seller of an item

speerman5

Back to top Go down

Post  im_pr00094 Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 pm

yeah speer, i like chest shops too, their just as easy as localshops, only thing i don't like about it is the space it takes up, however that is actually more realistic haha. that and screwing up the signs. that pisses me off >:[

im_pr00094

Back to top Go down

Post  tyeabc Wed May 04, 2011 9:56 pm

hrmmm scratch i personaly dont like iconomy but the others seem fine.. kinda Shocked
tyeabc
tyeabc

Back to top Go down

Post  im_pr00094 Thu May 05, 2011 1:11 am

whats wrong with iconomy? i don't think it affects anything else. there may be other money plugins out there, but i've always seen iconomy.

im_pr00094

Back to top Go down

Post  bigpop4 Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 am

I dont like Iconomy because I much more rather have player to player trading.
bigpop4
bigpop4

Back to top Go down

Post  im_pr00094 Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 am

it still allows player to player trading. i would say it actually stimulates it, because of how hard some people will strive to be the richest. it'll cause them to sell what they don't need and buy what they do. if the host leaves it as a free economy money will be entirely handled and circulated by players. a central exchange would be the only example of "outside" money.

its also still player to player trading if one player buys from another players shop.

im_pr00094

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi Thu May 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Iconomy (Local Shops, Bounty) - Set up a poll for this because it has been brought up MANY times but has never had widespread approval so far. I will add it if enough people want it though. I personally wouldnt use it because i dont like the idea of currency backed by nothing and i've used it before and it really isnt that exciting imo.

Towny - This is the kinda of plugin that is meant to be added at the beginning of a map, it is EXCEDINGLY difficult to incorporate into a rather large pre-existing map and would probably mean lots of server downtime to manually configure. Im gonna have to say no on this one, altho I personally think it is one of the best RP plugins out there.

Precious Stones - Looks cool enough, its going on my Low priority tho. That means I DO plan on adding it.

Lockette - I think most people are fine with LWC and also we are going to eventually limit the amount of chests you can protect so losing track wont be so tough!

Simple Save - When have we had any recent roll backs?? Also I believe i already have a plugin that autosaves, the server has crashed b4 and saved on its own so Id say this plugin isnt necessary.

For future reference, adding the links to each plugin is very helpful for me

LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

https://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General Plugin Suggestions Empty I'm on the fence

Post  ferentinofighter Sun May 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I dont know. its sounds good, and could be fun to the more bussiness minded players. but, it could also get confusing to the more "Smash and Bash" players. i think we should give it a go, and see how it works for a week. then, if it does not go well, we can have a poll and take it off if necessary
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeypenny Wed May 18, 2011 10:22 am

go vote in the poll feren
mikeypenny
mikeypenny

Back to top Go down

General Plugin Suggestions Empty Voting

Post  ferentinofighter Wed May 18, 2011 11:48 am

mikeypenny wrote:go vote in the poll feren

I did voteded hhahahahahahaha Very Happy
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  otto_destrukt Wed May 18, 2011 2:17 pm

TRiicKY_ToTs wrote:I woundn't mind having iConomy, Local Shops, and Bounties.

Same here, id like to see iConomy and Local Shops.
(it'd give me a reason to build a public market near spawn or something, i like building, as you can see from the arena and my clan base XD)
The others however... well i could care less for em.
otto_destrukt
otto_destrukt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down