Welcome to LudiGames Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Server Mod Idea: StruggleRPG

3 posters

Go down

Next Server Mod Idea: StruggleRPG Empty Next Server Mod Idea: StruggleRPG

Post  LudicrousYoshi Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Ok folks, now some of you may have heard that I have an idea for a new server plugin! (Not to be confused with the mod my computer class is going to make) I am just writing down everything I can think of off of the top of my head, so it is not very organized visually yet. Sorry for the large block of text and lack of colors!

I personally like when people make clans/cities/etc. together. Problem is, most people have a tendency to live on their own and there is no clan to clan relationships or economy of any kind. My solution? Make minecraft much more tedious and difficult so that it is really hard to be totally self sufficient! This then forces people to work together in order to do things and it really builds a sense of community as well as it provides a reason to regularly trade with people.

For now I am going to call it StruggleRPG since I feel that is what sums up most of the idea.

I don't have a number of things worked out yet since I don't know how everything will work exactly and I want to see what you guys think before I get into the nitty-gritty mathemtics of balancing and whatnot.

Some of the things that make it different:
- There will be a currency so you have something to trade with (I will use the LudiHierarchy prestige as the currency gain, but you wont actually trade your experience away!)
- Minecraft days will be significantly longer
- Breaking blocks takes much longer, like 8 times maybe (does not include item blocks like torches, pictures, or ladders)
- Getting blocks after breaking them has a much lower chance (does not include item blocks like torches, pictures, or ladders)
- Plants and trees grow slower
- Bonemeal does not work unless you have the perk
- Stronger as you get further from spawn
- Crafting will often eat your materials
- Smelting is slower
- Mob grinders will be nerfed
- Dying will cause you to lose half of your currency (Will go to the player who killed you if you are killed by them)
- Stealing will not be allowed (Imma just use LWC for that)

You will spawn in the world and be prompted to create your class. You are given a set of skills and then you choose where you want your class to excel (these level up over time). Each skill has 5 possible levels of proficiency:
(Points are kind of arbitrary right now)
- Major_10pts - You can only have one major skill, gets yous special perks and improves the skill quite a bit as well as making it level up faster.
- Minor_6pts - The leveling up is faster and skills are more effective than normal.
- Normal_4pts - This is the base case, nothing special, nothing bad.
- Shoddy_2pts - Leveling up is slower and the skill is less effective.
- Inert_0pts - This skill will never improve.

The skills I have thought up are (MP: = Major Perk:):
- Herding - makes Sheep sheering, animal husbandry, and animal drops more likely, training dogs with less bones. MP: chance to have more than one baby when mating two animals
- Building - lets you place blocks more quickly, lets you break placed blocks more quickly. MP: 100% placed block retrieval
- Digging - Can break non-placed blocks more quickly, dirt, stone, sand, etc. and higher chance of block drop (does not include wood, ore, or obsidian). MP: 100% block drop for said blocks
- Traveler - Makes hunger not degrade as quickly, faster sprinting, faster swimming, fall damage less. MP: Starvation only removes half of full health
- Woodcutting - breaks logs faster, higher chance of log drop, faster sapling growth. MP: Bonemeal on trees works
- Spelunking - Mines ores faster and higher chance of ore drop. MP: Chance of double drop
- Fighting - Do more damage to things, more exp per monster, armor is stronger. MP: Chance to dodge
- Crafting - can smelt and craft quicker and higher chance of success, better enchants, better durability on tools. MP: Tools at full durability
- Gathering - plants grow faster, fish bite more, higher chance of successful harvest. MP: Can use bonemeal on anything but saplings

Your name color (not clantag) will change depending on which major you choose, or grey if you choose not to have a major.

This is all I have thought up so far. Any feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

TL;DR - I'm making another server plugin, it's gonna promote working together as well as an economy, but it will also make minecraft much harder and more tedious. Don't expect any results soon.
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

https://ludigames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Next Server Mod Idea: StruggleRPG Empty Re: Next Server Mod Idea: StruggleRPG

Post  LudicrousYoshi Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:20 pm

judging by the lack off responses I'm guessing nobody really likes the idea so I'll scrap it :/
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ferentinofighter Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm

LudicrousYoshi wrote:judging by the lack off responses I'm guessing nobody really likes the idea so I'll scrap it :/

naah, i like it, I was just waiting for any updates from you. I like it, so dont scrap it!!
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  aDirtyFishTank Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm

for some reason the original didnt come up as new for me, so i didnt know it existed till feren replied Razz. I like the idea, I i like it a lot. I dont know if we would want that much for our server, but it could be good for a side server like ftb. For the regular thing, i would take parts of that, and add it into ours.

I dont like the idea of not getting back blocks you place, because i can imagine how frustrating it would be Razz Or any ores, cobble, dirt, stone, etc. i can understand, but not the other stuff that actually is of higher use and rarity.

There is a mod called terra-firma-craft, which brings minecraft back to the way it was supposed to be, with more realism. (And I mean early early days, before i even played.) It makes it so you go through the stages of the game, stone age, copper age, bronze, steel, etc. It adds a ton of stuff to the game, and also takes a lot out, balancing things. It makes you dig blocks 10x slower, and ore finding 90000x harder. You cannot get endgame diamond armor in 5 hrs like vanilla, and there is no real exploits like mob grinders. The thing is really cool, and pretty much completely redoes minecraft. I would tihnk if you were to add hard stuff to the game, i would get some ideas from that mod.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/
aDirtyFishTank
aDirtyFishTank

Back to top Go down

Post  LudicrousYoshi Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:17 pm

yeah actually that was one of the mods that I was inspired by, the reason I want to make my own is because minecraft still doesnt have a good modding system. If your server doesnt use the default client then the amount of people who want to play severely decreases unless you have an actual name(like bebopvox or deadmau5).
LudicrousYoshi
LudicrousYoshi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ferentinofighter Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Why dont we make up days where we have this extra hard minecraft on the real server? I mean, for me FTB is frustrating enough, then add all that in, ima rage quit before the first mc day even ends xD. why not take special days (Like every other friday, or every saturday?) and we switch to another world? Then, it can be a good balance between OVERWHELMINGLY HARD and quiet and relaxing

Or, we can make it like another dimension/portal like we did in red/blue kingdom, and be able to switch in and out. Then it would be up to the players' discretion to bring items in. Yea, you can move all your precious diamonds (For whatever reason) but you must know that there is a 300% higher chance of you dying Razz

So, yea, food for thought Very Happy
ferentinofighter
ferentinofighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down